A Moral Dilemma Part II

Filed Under News

I recently blogged about a moral dilemma that I was having concerning whether or not to contact the hard working author of some software to advise them about a fundamental weakness in their licensing scheme.

Well – I broke 🙂 I was using the software last night and exploring some of the new featurees and I decided now was the time. So I emailed the author last night and explained to him that I had found a flaw and wondered if we could work together to resolve it. I am perfectly happy to sign NDAs as long as he is happy to promise not to perform any legal shenanigans.

I’ll keep you updated with how I get on (as of yet he has not replied) – I hope he takes the friendly email in the spirit it was sent, one of wishing to work together.